Politics is all a matter of knowing your audience and speaking to your constituents. Successful politicians and political candidates speak to the minds and views of the individuals they represent, earning votes by proposing positive change and solutions to the problems their constituents find most pressing. The rest of us can therefore learn a great deal about the current political situation by observing the platforms upon which candidates run.
The lead issue for Helsinki’s green partythis election season?
Violation of the Neutral Zone Treaty andoverturning the ban onpublic display of the betleH(batt’leth, for those not fluent in Klingon).
At least, so one might conclude after visiting the official campaign website of Finnish incumbent Jyrki Kasvi, who has arranged for translation of his political platform into English, Swedish, Finnish … and Klingon.
Now, I wasn’t aware Helsinki boasted a large Klingon population, (or that Klingons associate all that heavily with the green party) but in the interest of helping those headed to Finland, the online Klingon (Romulan and Vulcan)-to-English dictionary can be found here (OK, it’s a word mapper, not a translator – but if you’re not fluent in Klingon, it’s going to have to do).
Kudos to Kasvi for knowing his audience. Based on my limited knowledge of Klingon political process, Ihope he handles a betleH well enough to take care of the opposition.
This is also your open trackback post for the week of March 14 (or until this post disappears off the front page and I post a new one). Link and track back and I’ll link you in as I get the time.
- The Conservative Cat: “3/13/07: Deductions and Taxes“
- Blog@Morewhat.com: “Mitt Romney: Still the Best Choice“
- Blue Star Chronicles: “Battle on Haifa Street, Baghdad, Iraq“
- Woman Honor Thyself: “Angel’s LibAlert“
- Planck’s Constant: “Oh Come All Ye Faithful“
- Mark My Words: “300 the Movie and Sparta“
- Adam’s Blog: “I Sold Out My Principles“
- The Florida Masochist: “The Knucklehead of the Day Award“
- Conservative Thoughts: “Trial Over Town’s Immigration Ordinance Gets Under Way“
- The Florida Masochist: “Made for Television“
- Right Voices: “Bush’s Eight Versus Clinton’s 93“
Daq (promoted at):