Monday memeday, apparently…
David at Third World County has tagged me with the “Eight Things About Me(me).” Although I’m very pleased to know I’m his favorite yak, I’m curious as to how many shaggy quadrupedal bloggers he’s familiar with – pleased, but not asking, because even if I’m the only one I’m glad I didn’t come in second.
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
My Eight Things:
1. I am a born-again Christian, saved literally at the edge of death at the age of 23. Although raised in a church-going family, I didn’t understand the need to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior until I’dmade some Very Bad Decisions from which I would not have recovered on my own. Every day I live is a gift and a reminder that He truly did love me while still an enemy, and every day is an opportunity to seek Him and to serve His kingdom.
2. I am somewhat obsessive-compulsive. I straighten books. I count stairs. I organize the M&Ms so I eat the colors in the right order. (And yes, I do this with other candies too, but M&Ms are a particularly persuasive example because they really do all taste the same. Nevertheless, I must eat the green ones last.)
3. I like to study, build and read about siege engines and medieval warfare. In particular, Ihave a thing for trebuchets. I own no less than four, one of which still needs to be completed. They range in size from “peanut shooter” to “don’t you dare fire that within 300 feet of the neighbors because you’re going to kill someone.”
4. I drink coffee by the pot. With half and half. A lot of half and half. In fact…just leave the cow. (I’m not sure whether this qualifies as cannibalistic behavior for a yak, but it’s cow’s milk so I’m thinking it’s ok.) I prefer 100% Kona coffeebut will drink just about any variety if it’s put in front of me with sufficient quantities of cream.
5. I like puns. Actually, I like words of all kinds,particularly unusual words, uncommon words, and common words used in ways which create double meanings. I likeunique and unusual uses of language. Conversely, inappropriate use of language (particularly the combination of “a lot” into the incorrect “alot”) drives me crazy.Incorrectuse of language consciously and creatively exercised to make a point, however, does not drive me crazy. Writers will understand what I mean. (All others, see item #1…)
6. I play World of Warcraft online. (Note: the remainder of this item will be totally incomprehensible to those who don’t play WoW) I am a guildleader (by default – werun by officer council, though I’m the one wearing the GL tag at the moment) and a raid leader (Karazhan/Gruul). My main is a 70 holy priest, alts are 70beast spec hunter (yes, I leveled that level 70 crabfrom level 10, he came from Durotar – and yes, I ride a nether ray) and 64 Elemental spec Shaman (the proverbial red-headed stepchild of the bunch). Yes, I spend way too many hours online.
7. I have completed one novel and am working on two others, all intended for publication. Two fall within the science fiction/fantasy genre and the third is historical fiction. I hate writing synopses, however, and this has been myweakness when it comes to approaching publishers.
8. Bibliophile doesn’t even begin to describe me. I read 2-3 booksper week (more if I’m not working). I read the Bible daily. I’ll read fiction or non-fiction, so long as it’s well written and interesting. At the moment I am reading By Permission of Heaven (a historical work about the Great Fire of London), rereading Footsteps of Thunder with Yak the Younger (think Jurassic Park meets historical fiction), and getting ready to start a book titled The Way of the Gladiator – which, not surprisingly, is a nonfiction work about Roman gladiators.
Eight Tags (made more difficult by the fact that I just tagged five earlier this morning):
- Chris Carlisle (aka “Captain Platypus”) formerly of The Platypus Society,now of The Chris Carlisle Blogand The Dimmer Switch
- Barb of Tidbits and Treasures (heh, payback.)
- c.a.Marks of Alabama Improper(please support her Blog-a-Thon effort)
- basil of basil’s blog
- Pet of Pet’s Garden Blog
- Angel of Woman Honor Thyself
- One or more of the Conservababes: Right from New Fallujah
- You. If you’re reading this and you’re a blogger, you’re tagged. Neener.